The group counseling experience can be a very rewarding process. Although it can be intimidating being in a group with strangers, studies have shown that those in group see their group members as accountability partners and a support network. Groups also provide a sense of validation; the group member can receive feedback regarding their current situation as well as experience they may not be the only person in that situation. All groups are ran by licensed therapist that specialize in the respective area of the group being provided.
A Freeman’s Place Counseling provides a wide variety of groups including:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) skills training group for adolescents and adults: To assist adolescents and adults that struggle with maladaptive behaviors(self-harm, impulsivity, depression, anxiety, eating disorder, intense anger,mood swings, self-esteem issues and poor boundaries, etc.) learn more adaptive behaviors through 4 modules of coping skills including: mindfulness, emotion regulation, distress tolerance and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Parenting skill group: To assist parents that have children with significant behavioral problems in the home and school setting.
- Single parent group: To share tips that will encourage and bring hope to the single parent.
- Anger management group: For adults that need to fulfill this as a requirement for probation or other legal requirements. Individual sessions also available. Please call us for more information. This group is also offered to adolescents 13-17 that struggle with managing anger.
- Depression management group: To assist adolescents 13-17 and adults 18+with healthy coping skills to manage their mood.
Each group has a specific timeframe and mostly last 8-10 weeks. Location, date and time will be announced soon for each group.
We continue to grow and expand services that will continue to meet the needs of our community.