What to expect
Initial Intake and Sessions
We understand that it is difficult at times to take the first step in getting the help you desire. We are here to make that process smooth and simple for you.
- When you contact our office you will be in direct contact with one of our office managers. The office manager will complete an initial intake form where we will ask you basic demographic information (address, phone number, date of birth etc.) and the reason you are seeking therapy.
- Once the initial intake form is complete, the office manager will send the form to the therapist of your choice or the therapist we feel can best serve you.
- You will hear back from the therapist within 24 hours and schedule an appointment.
- Your initial appointment will be 60 minutes; your therapist will ask you questions about medical history, presenting problem, social history, mental health history, symptoms and goals for therapy. After the initial session, sessions going forward will be 45-50 minutes.
- You and your therapist can determine how often sessions will be; either weekly or biweekly appointments.
If you have insurance, we ask that you contact your insurance provider prior to coming in for session. There are thousands of insurance plans and it would be impossible to know your copay or deductible; not all insurance plans are the same.